This week’s show features the poetry and musical playlist of Noʻu Revilla. You’re gonna wanna tune in!
Noʻu Revilla is a poet and educator of Hawaiian, Tahitian, Visayan, and German descent. Born and raised on the island of Maui, she has performed and facilitated creative writing workshops throughout Hawaiʻi as well as in Canada, Papua New Guinea, and the United Nations in New York. Her work has been exhibited at the Honolulu Museum of Art and has appeared in Poetry Magazine, Black Renaissance Noire, Hawaiʻi Review, Anglistica, and Poem of the Week by Kore Press. Her chapbook Say Throne was published by Tinfish Press in 2011, and she is currently finishing her PhD in creative writing at the University of Hawaiʻi-Mānoa. You can get a taste of her poems and artistic collaborations on Instagram @moowahine.
- POEM: “Eating, Grandma”
- POEM: “basket (for Kathy)”
- POEM: “Give A Damn Girls”
- POEM: Insta fragment “cartography”
- POEM: Insta fragment “Kaʻuiki”
- SONG: Selah Sue, “This World”
- POEM: “smoke screen”
- POEM: “for high tide”
- POEM: “Rope / Tongue”
- POEMS: Insta fragment: “Kihawahine”
- POEM: Insta fragment “look at me when I love you”