This week’s show features the poetry of Shandhini Raidoo and a musical playlist she’s curated to go with her work!
Shandhini Raidoo is an obstetrician-gynecologist and an abortion provider in Hawai’i. She is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma, the University of Iowa’s Carver College of Medicine, and the University of Hawaiʻi. She writes about her experiences as an immigrant, as a woman, and as a physician. Her work has previously been published in This Land Quarterly and Bamboo Ridge Press.
- Song: Overcoats – Father
- Poem: Nowhere Is Home/Mestizaje
- Poem: In Sanskrit, There Are Ninety-Six Words for Love
- Song: The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio
- Song: Dar Williams – Crystal Creek
- Poem: Ode to Lucky Susie Hen, A Children’s Book about Infertility
- Poem: Cold Jelly: A Narration
- Poem: On Deliveries of All Sorts
- Song: Francis and the Lights – It’s Alright To Cry