This week’s show features the poetry of Kevin Dublin and a musical playlist Kevin has chosen to go with his work.
Kevin Dublin is author of the chapbook How to Fall in Love in San Diego and editor of Etched Press. He enjoys making video adaptations of poetry and working with young artists and writers in the community. His words have most recently appeared in Rogue Agent, Menacing Hedge, SOFTBLOW, Poetry International, and Sunshine/Noir II. He holds an MFA from San Diego State University and spends summers teaching at Duke Young Writers’ Camp. Follow him on Twitter @PartEverything.
- “Where You At” – Mimi Zulu
- “North Cack” – G Yamazawa
- POEM: Coming of Age in a Failed Platonic Love Story
- “All Goes Wrong” [Acoustic] – Chase & Status (feat. Tom Grennan)
- POEM: How to Fall in Love in SD 1
- POEM: How to Fall in Love in SD 2 (Market)
- “Inner City Blues” – Marvin Gaye
- POEM: When a Friend Leaves San Diego Because of Love
- “Uninfatuation” – SVRN + Soul
- POEM: Last Night You Said You Were Leaving
- “Walk on By” – Thundercat
- POEM: Weekend
- “Goodbye Soleil” – Phoenix
- POEM: Before Work in SF
- “Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems” Lana Del Rey
- POEM: Holy
- “Love” – Lana Del Rey
Kevin’s Mix a la Carte
Interview with the Author
What advice would you give to your younger self? Or to a younger writer?