Photo credit: Hannah Reyes Morales
This episode features the amazing Laurel Flores Fantauzzo reading excerpts from her recently released YA novel My Heart Underwater and the music they have chosen to go with their work. Enjoy!
Laurel Flores Fantauzzo (she/they) is an author and an essayist. Her nonfiction book, The First Impulse, a mystery and a love story, was a finalist for the Philippine National Book Award. Her young adult novel, My Heart Underwater, was named a Best Book of 2020 by Kirkus. She teaches at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa. You can find them on IG @myheartunderwater and Twitter @laurelfantauzzo.
- Death Cab for Cutie, 405 (Acoustic)
- LIT: First excerpt from My Heart Underwater (pp. 118-127)
- “Sana,” Up Dharma Down
- LIT: Second excerpt from My Heart Underwater (pp. 166-171)
- “Ilaw sa Daan,” IV of Spades
- LIT: Third excerpt from My Heart Underwater (pp. 239-244)
- “Dito Tayo sa Dilim,” Pedicab
- Author Interview
- “There’s a Lonely Road to Sunday Night,” Ciudad
- “Matter of Fact,” Taken by Cars
Release date: February 6, 2021