We are humbled and honored to have the privilege of releasing this episode, which celebrates Rajiv Mohabir’s gorgeous and vital hybrid memoir, Antiman, on the very day of its release with Restless Books! Enjoy, beloveds, and buy Rajivʻs book here already if you haven’t already. Get it for your friends, your family, your local library, and the university library too. You won’t regret it!
Rajiv Mohabir is the author of the hybrid memoir, Antiman (Restless Books 2021) which received the 2019 Restless Books’ New Immigrant Writing Prize. He is also the author of the poetry collections Cutlish (Four Way Books 2021), The Cowherd’s Son (Tupelo Press 2017, winner of the 2015 Kundiman Prize; Eric Hoffer Honorable Mention 2018) and The Taxidermist’s Cut (Four Way Books 2016, winner of the Four Way Books Intro to Poetry Prize, Finalist for the Lambda Literary Award for Gay Poetry in 2017), and translator of I Even Regret Night: Holi Songs of Demerara (1916) (Kaya Press 2019) which received a PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant Award and the 2020 Harold Morton Landon Translation Award from the American Academy of Poets. Currently he is an Assistant Professor of poetry in the MFA program at Emerson College.
- LIT: “Open the Door, Sister”
- “Kwabon Ke Parindey” sung by Alyssa Mendonsa, Mohit Chauhan
- “Hopem a Door“ recording with Rajiv’s aji
- LIT: “Ganga Water” Part 1
- “Mustt Mustt” by Nasurat Fateh Ali Khan
- LIT: “Ganga Water” Part 2
- “Bandheya & Bullah ki Jaana Meh Kaun” by Farhan Gilani
- LIT: “Ardhanarishwaram Raga”
- “Half Shiva Half Shakti” by Susheela Raman
- “Ultan Sultan” sung by Rajiv of his aji
- “Koi Bole Ram Ram Koi Khudaiye” by Sonny Singh